Hello wonderful internet people!
I broke a nail at school on Friday so right now I'm in the nub club again! I'm not too upset about it though, nails grow back!
The weather is bumming me out today so I decided I need a little neon in my life.I thought I'd even share a tutorial with you guys. I love making tutorials, so I hope you like it!
What I used:
- Essie Grow Faster
- Color Club Look, Don't Tusk
- Color Club On The Rocks
- Color Club Sex Symbol
- China Glaze You Drive Me Coconuts
- China Glaze Celtic Sun
- China Glaze Keepin' It Teal
- Color Club 0-60 Speedy Top Coat
- Apply a base coat and base color. The base color should be light so that the colors you apply over it will easily stand out. I opted to have a glitter accent nail as well.
- Apply the polishes of your choice for the water color aspect of this design to a cosmetic sponge. Apply dots of polish onto the sponge in a random pattern, you can do this using the brush that comes with the polish
- Take the sponge and dab it up and down, left and right onto the nail to blend the colors. If you do not the vary the dabbing direction, the colors will not blend. If you vary the dabbing direction too much, the colors will look muddy.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each nail except for your glitter accent nail if you chose to have one. You may need to sponge multiple layers on your nails to get the colors to be more opaque.
- Using a small paint brush (I use an Elf Concealer brush), clean up around your nails by dipping the brush into polish remover or acetone.
Elf Professional Concealer Brush
- Apply top coat over the design to smooth out the sponging.
- Add any studs or nail adornment you want.
Assorted stud wheel from Bornprettystore.com
So that's my tutorial! I hope it was helpful. Let me know if you try this out, I'd love to see.