Thursday, February 27, 2014

Swatch + Review: Color Club Safari Garden Collection

Hello everyone!

Today I have swatches and reviews for the polishes in the Color Club Safari Garden collection. I'm so excited to have these beautiful colors in my hands. I was going out to check the mail every five minutes, I'm so glad these babies are finally mine. I love Color Club's new logo, although my OCD doesn't like that the caps don't match the old ones. This is my first time swatching for the sake of swatching; It felt really wrong to immediately take my nail polish off after taking a picture. I hope I don't leave anything out... Wish me luck!

All photos are WITH OUT top coat.

Look, Don't Tusk:
   This off-white polish is AMAZING. It really does look like an elephant's tusks, google it! My all time favorite polish is Color Club Poetic Hues; this is like a cross between that and white, so of course I love it. I think a lot of people will enjoy this because it isn't as harsh looking as regular white polish can be. The formula is nice but thin, not too streaky. I used three coats although I think two coats would be doable with a more careful application.
Color Club Look, Don't Tusk
(Three coats)

Nail-Robi:
   This is probably my favorite from the entire collection. It's navy blue creme polish with purple undertones. I'm seriously in love. The formula is great and guess what! It's a ONE coater and super shiny! Everyone needs more one coater polishes in their life.
Color Club Nail-Robi
(One coat)

In De-Nile:
   This is easily my new favorite pale blue. It's creme formula just makes me think of the sky, I love it! The formula was good, I used two coats and it self levels nicely.
Color Club In De-Nile
(Two coats)

Tribe And True:
   Can I just say these "fugly" colors are amazing? This mossy green isn't for everyone but I can't get enough of shades like this. The formula was like a creme-jelly combo so the color built really well. You could use one coat if you really wanted too but the second coat really makes the color pop. And just look how shiny this bad boy is! 
Color Club Tribe And True
(Two coats)

Safari Sunset:
   I don't think my photo does this justice at all. This color is incredible in the sun, all the shimmer is just beautiful. Safari Sunset is a peach metallic-y type color with gold shimmer throughout. I wish I could capture it's true beauty. The formula was good but use as few brush strokes as possible to avoid weird lines.
Color Club Safari Sunset
(Two Coats)

Lion's Den:
   I really just don't like this one. The formula was gooey. It's just gross. I painted two coats and it was weirdly opaque and not at the same time. Lion's Den is a gold-ish metallic-shimmer with pink shimmer in the light. That combination sounds good in theory but I'm just not loving it. 
Color Club Lion's Den
(Two coats)


Over all thoughts:
   I love this collection for the most part; the safari garden collection is so unique, especially for a spring collection. Lion's Den kinda sucked but the amazing-ness of the other polishes made up for it. I wouldn't bother buying Tribe And True if you already have China Glaze Budding Romance; they're too similar to really justify having both.

If you are interested in this collection you can purchase it from Color Club's website.

I hope you enjoyed my first time swatching!

XOXO
MAD DOG

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, these are such a beauties! I want Look, Don't Tusk and Nail-Robi.
    Your nail shape and lenght is btw perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are probably my two favorites, too! And thank you! I just had one break though :(

      Delete