Sunday, February 23, 2014

NOTD: Neon Leopard + Tutorial


Whaddup Guys?

   I couldn't sleep last night and so I did what I always do: Stalk people on Instagram. I saw that Hannah from The Nail Trail posted a super cute neon leopard manicure. She used some of the China Glaze Sunsational Cremes in her design and since I got those polishes for Christmas and still haven't used them, I decided to copy Hannah's nails. ANDD I decided to make a sort of pictorial for the nail art too. Woohoo!




   Hannah's Instagram profile is @thenailtrail in case you wanted to know. She's got some really great nail art!


What I used:
  • OPI Nail Envy
  • China Glaze That's Shore Bright
  • China Glaze Bottoms Up
  • China Glaze Sun of a Peach
  • China Glaze Highlight of My Summer
  • China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
  • Sinful Colors Black on Black
  • China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat



How to:

1. Apply base coat and base color. I also like to add a layer of top coat to make my polish dry faster.
Step 1

2. Using a dotting tool or bobby pin, make little dots with the color of your choice. The dots don't need to be perfectly round or evenly spaced; imperfections are important for animal print.

Step 2
3. Using a black polish or acrylic paint, use the dotting tool to drag color around the dots you made. There are four basic ways to do this. It's hard to type how to do those so just look at the photo below and use different combinations of these shapes.
Step 3

4. Add some random black dots or squiggly shapes where there's a weird gap between leopard spots. This balances everything out and really completes the design.

Step 4
5. Add top coat. Black polish really likes to smear so be careful when doing this! Wait a good amount of time to make sure the design is dry and have plenty of top coat on the brush so it doesn't drag over the design too much.
Step 5
Bottle:
 China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
   
   Thank you Hannah for the nail art inspiration! I hope everyone liked my recreation of it. Thanks for reading!

XOXO
MAD DOG








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful manicure!
    I love how you posted also tutorial! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! I loved this when the nail trail did this and yours looks just like hers! I always find it hard to do leopard print so your tutorial has really helped! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad it helped you! and I saw you followed me and I want to follow you. I'm so sure how to do that though... I love your blog!

      Delete